Friday, December 31, 2004

First 2005 entry....

This one is about nothing, basically because I'm here, at home... on New Year's Eve and bored.  I could've attended a party, but knew it would be a late night (early morning) if I did.  Besides, the only guy I'm remotely interested in, was staying in for the evening... recovering from celebrating last night.  And it's not like we've had any major dates or anything, I've sworn that stuff off until I grow up....  

I've also opened a bottle of wine, so bear with me if possible.  If it makes no sense whatsoever... you will get why I do not drink often.    Parents had hors d'oeuvres (psst, Danielle, is that right?) for dinner tonight--shrimp cocktail, caviar and toast points (rich way of saying bread)--fancy schmancy.... I don't eat that stuff.    But Gracie ate my share, happily. 

The child loves shrimp and gobbled down caviar like there was no tomorrow.  And capers, too.  I forgot about them and I do like those  :::wink:::  so, does she.  

The ball just dropped (ok, that was 42 minutes ago now), so Happy New Year J~Land!  

Its a New Year now and no time to dwell

On past bad comments, as words don't sell

The actions, like intentions do.  It's a fact well known.

Unblock the blocked and let them come home

To post nice or not, their choice to adhere.

Its the message that's shot, not the messenger....    

Wine is gone.  Don't go thinking I drank it in the time I wrote only this..... it took me a few minutes to write the poem..... and...      

Another entry at 'The Cat House'  waiting for you-- to heat up your New Year festivities :)  

It's 2005,  All is well......  

Cat  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've sworn that stuff off until I grow up".  I tried that once LMAO - Happy New Year :-)  -Kelly

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Hon!!!!!!!

(and yes, you were right)

Love ya,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Heeeeey, that's a spendid idea, Lovey... I'm going to make some crusty "toast points" and pretend that I'm wealthy while I eat them.

How poetic, intelligent and 'for real' you are, Cat. It's very easy to see. That's your main attractions, to me, and but a few of your outstanding qualities.

Okay, I'm outie for a New Year, Cat House, organized religion gathering.

~High Priest, 'B'

http://journals.aol.com/thelovetrain/Drift/

http://journals.aol.com/thelovetrain/tracks/

http://journals.aol.com/imagetrain/photos/

http://groups.aol.com/romanceconection/

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Cat!
2 bottles of champagne and I almost forgot that I was going to quit smoking this morning!  Pey's favorite food is lobster, followed by shrimp, then steak, odd isn't it!  My fave was spaghetti!

Happy 2005!!!
xoxo~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR CAT!  No drinking here, I'm such a light weight, I barely made it to Midnight without drinking!   Keep them Cat House entries coming!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!!!

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!!  Cool poem!! xox

Anonymous said...

Cool poem!