Monday, May 23, 2005

Blah, blah, blah....

For an update on my recent entry concerning the death row inmate and organ donation, Patrick (of Patrick's Place) has done a recap of the final decision.  It seems that this is not an isolated incident... go read here.  Thanks, Pat, for doing my work for me :)  

Work today was... well.... loud.  The morning went rather fast, really.  I got there, the kids had snack, we changed diapers and loaded them all on buggies for a walk outside.  This has become the highlight of my day, being in fresh air with a breeze and sun.  Maybe I'll actually get a tan other than the driver's arm this year....  

It was Mr Allergy's last day.  A lot of our moms are teachers, so yea! to low numbers for the summer :)  And K~K leaves at the end of the week.... gonna hate to see her go :(      We get a new boy tomorrow, I won't get a chance to be with him until Wednesday.  He's a cute little red head :) 

We get another new one next week, and Ms. Princess moves to the 2's.  I'm bittersweet on her.  She's a really cute girl and sweet, but man, does she cry!  We have several annoying criers right now... funny, most of them are the older ones....  

The afternoon was twice as long as the morning...  Its hard to take them outside after their afternoon snack, because we never know when parents are going to come.  Some, I know are going to be late.  But I'd say 1/2 -3/4, we have no idea.  They show up at will.  Drives me crazy and the kids get all cooped up inside for final hours they are with us.  I'll figure out something....  

So, anyway, there is nothing on TV.  I tried to watch the Nick/Jessica thing.... and I actually made it through to her first painful rendition of God Bless America.  But when she started singi... make that straining it a second time, I had to flee.  God knows I need my hearing.... and my dinner kept down.  

How, in the name of all that is music, can anyone think that chick can sing?  I mean, really.... no one can possibly believe she is good.  And it hurts so much to watch her~she looks like has ticks while she sings the way she jerks her neck around.  And please do not even get me started on how sexy she is trying to be.  Oops.... hold on, dinner is rumbling....  

Best change the subject.   

I need to clarify some things from my entry on Wayne finally telling his parents about Grace.  At first, I didn't want them to know.  My reasons being I didn't want them to feel obligated to her or I in anyway.  His parents were used in the middle of his oldest daughter and her mother.  She put them through hell and the wringer....   

Also, Wayne is embarrassed about his out of wedlock kids.  It is the only thing that makes him a 'typical black man' (those are his words, not mine).  He has accepted Grace's presence, as he has the others, and he is involved as much as the mothers will let him be.  That is usually only when it is convenient for them.... I've been around long enough to know.  

So, I don't get pissed about him not telling them.  They are his parents, so he has to deal with the ramifications, most of which are self-inflicted.  I do get pissed about him leaving me because of my weight.  I still get pissed about it now, 4 years later.  He did not meet me thin, nor have I ever fronted the fact that I may or may not lose it.  We have both been honest about what we want and we respect each other for it, despite the consequences of that.  

Okay, enough from me.... I'll leave you with a study a friend sent me :)  

The Penis Study

In 1997, Harvard funded a study to see why the head of a Penis was bigger than the rest of it.

After one year and $180,000.00, they concluded that the reason the head was larger than the shaft was to give the man more pleasure during sex.

 

After Harvard published the study, Yale decided to do their own. After $250,000.00, and 3 years of research, they concluded that the reason was to give the woman more pleasure during sex.

 

MississippiState, unsatisfied with these findings, conducted their own study. After 2 weeks and a cost of around $75.46, they concluded that it was to keep a man's hand from flying off and hitting him in the forehead.

 

  ;)  

 

Cat

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

where to start!  great joke - haven't heard that one in a while and i SWEAR i thought the hospital was gonna collapse when Jessica started singing Amazing Grace......ok, slap me and wash my mouth out with soap, but i said it and i'm not takin it back

Anonymous said...


Jessica - - I'll be right back... (pant-pant... Squirt!). Ah, that's better. What a innocent, yet sexy voice, too. You know me, Cat, I'm highly eclectic.

Remember the good times, sweetie. They were a gift. It's what I do, and it works well, for me.

If one does it as often as I, their hand will inevitably slip off during an occasional self-love frenzy, regardless. [:P]

~Brian  @---->---

http://journals.aol.com/thelovetrain/tracks/

http://journals.aol.com/thelovetrain/Drift/

Anonymous said...

FOREHEAD....hehehehe

Anonymous said...

hey baby, your comments in my crappy journal are the best. you are so very funny, i totally dig you. your joke here was excellent as wayne and garth would say. i always enjoy reading you. have a great day sweetie pants. dave...

http://journals.aol.com/otto9613944/SillyCerebralMe

Anonymous said...

LMAO on that ending joke....

I just about spurted my Diet Coke over my desk :)

Thanks for that....

Hope you have a great week!

HUGS,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I am with ya on Jessica....and I stayed far away from watching that...she drives me crazy when she sings...watching her sing...why the hell does she do that with her mouth...her head..her neck....
LMAO at the study!!!  That was the best ever!!
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hey Cat! I actually had that joke in my e-mail and still makes me laugh when I read it! As far as your ex is concerned, I know that is bothers you about why he did what he did cause of your weight and u know what, they use that as an excuse because my husband says the same to me and complains and says I am a skinny scrawny bla bla bla so it don't matter if u are thin or heavy, SOME men use anything for excuse to get away from what they have. Sorry to vent, can u tell I am angry today? Hehe
~Theresa~
http://journals.aol.com/nighterror5/Takeitasitis/;jsessionid=7D744248EAAEEA4471E05F3422F84438

Anonymous said...

And to think, I would have told them that for free, LOL!
Sam

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed browsing around your journal.  You are a fun and interesting person.

Now, you said to be honest, SO, if you are happy with your life the way it is, except you really would enjoy your ex's parents being involved with Grace, well, wouldn't it be great for her to be a part of their life and for her to learn more about life from them?  It sounds like the Mom likes you and you like her, so wouldn't she be a good influence on Grace?

Kids need extended family to give them a more rounded view of the world, plus it gives them greater security to have more people who really care about them.  

As far as your weight, if you are happy with yourself and your life, that is ALL that matters!

You are an attractive caring woman in the prime of your life.  ENJOY!!!  I'll bet your little one is just precious!

http://journals.aol.com/Ccancu/CEEGEEATLARGE

Anonymous said...

NO DOUBT on that study.  If they had all males who were conducting the survey figure it out instead of paying it would have been free!!!!  Or ask a woman - we could have told them right away!!!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!  see now THAT answer makes sense!

Men baffle me, the deal with Wayne would frustrate the hell out of me.  I've been called 'too thin' here...if only you put on some weight I wouldn't have to look at other women...WTF?!?!  

-sigh-  don't even get me started on Jessica Simpson!  she's a pretty face, and that about sums it all up!

Take it easy Cat~
xoxo~Bernie