Thursday, March 17, 2005

Gracie-isms.....

When putting her to bed, it is customary for me to rock her.  It is in these times I don't want to put her down.  I just want to hold her and feel her close to me.  Our conversation:  

Me:  I love holding you.  

Grace:  I want to go to bed.  

Me:  But I don't want to put you down.  

Grace:  Well, I'll still be here in the morning Momma.    

 

Then there are the times when she wants to get her own way, and throws a fit to prove how  'big' she is......  

Me:  Grace, I said no.  

Grace:  But Mom, I am a big girl now.  

Me:  Yes, you are a big girl now, but you are not big enough to do that.  

Grace:  Well, one day I'm gonna be bigger than you, then I'll be the boss, and I'm not gonna let you do it.    

 

Of course, there are always the times she tries to escape punishment.  

Me:  Grace, why did you throw your food?  

Her:  It was an accident.  

Me:  Grace.  Food does not end up on the other side of the room if it was an accident.  

Her:  I gave some to Tip-stick (one of our dogs~his actual name is Tipster) and he didn't like it, so he spit it out.  

Me:  Hmmm, so how did it end up it on the wall?  

Her:  Well, I threw it to him and he put it in his mouth.  Then he didn't like it, so he spit it out on the wall.  

Me:  He spit it out and it hit the wall and stuck there?  

Her:  Uh-huh, then I gave some to Cubby (the other dog), and some to Kitty and Forrest (cats), too.  But they didn't like it either.  See Mommy, you need to cook something else for us to eat..... none of your animals liked it.  

 

That's my girl~   Picture from Hometown Sometimes, it's just too hard to get mad, isn't it?   

Cat

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bless!  Grace is so cute in that photo :o)
Loving those Gracie-isms, the food on the wall story is most inventive ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

LOL I love it when the kids say stuff like that!

Princess and Spiderson will ask me if I'm the boss.  I tell them I am.  Then they ask if they can do something.  I say no.  So they say that Daddy's the boss and he said yes before he went to work.  Uh-huh.

They're so much fun!  :)

Anonymous said...

AWwwww!!  I love this entry!!  She is the cutest and the food logic was a good one!!  LOL.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Awww, she's just too darn smart!  Ya know lying is a sign of intelligence...until you're about 8, and then you're just a sneak!

Anonymous said...

LMAO at Gracie!!!!!!  She is too flippin' cute!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Too cute... Too funny. Kids crack me up. Huggs Brandie

Anonymous said...

Pretty hard to get mad at logic like that..LOL

~Heather

Anonymous said...

hahaha, girls got you doesn't she ;)  what a doll baby!  love that photo.
have a great weekend Cat!
xoxo~B