Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hello Kitty and Goodbye....

Gracie and I finally made it our Mexican food place, with JC and his current girlfriend, Kathy for his belated birthday celebration.  Unfortunately, once we got there, Grace didn't want to eat.  I ate my fill, though :)  

She munched on chips, salsa, and melted white cheese.. but wouldn't eat any of her food.  I always make her eat something by saying three bites of chicken, or beef, or whatever and you can be finished.  I got two out of her.  The art of compromise.....  

Then she and I went to find a new trash can and clock for her bedroom.  She got a new bed today, since she finally wanted out of her crib.... yeah, yeah-she's 3 and in a crib~ but she had another little bed in her room too, she just would never sleep in it.   She also threw her bottles away (and you thought the crib part was bad...lol).   

Actually, she isn't on the bottle still... we just kept one with water in it in her room at night, in case she woke up thirsty and she hardly ever drank from it.  But it became a habit for her to have one in her bed, so I told her when the crib was gone, so were they.  She told me to take them to the 'stinky, ol babies' at work   : )   

We got home around 8:30, an hour past her normal bedtime.  She was a complete grouch, too.  She settled herself on the couch, turned on Mom's electric blanket and ordered me to turn it Disney channel.  I was like 'no way child, you are going to bed'.  If someone had been walking by my house and our wndows had been open, they'd swear some child was getting beat to hell in my house.... she was hysterical.  

So I carried her upstairs, put her to bed, and finished doing laundry.  I came back upstairs and she was up again, so I laid down with her until she fell asleep.  I guess she wokeup at 3:30 this morning, but I never heard her.... mom went and got her. 

Grace said she was hungry and wanted to see Poppy (my dad, who was downstairs).    She's been doing this the last couple of days.  Then she still wakes up at her normal 6:30-7:00..... so I know she's not getting enough sleep through the night.  When do kids cut out naps?  Even the 4-year-olds where I work take naps.....  

Anyway, we found a Hello Kitty trash can, and a pillow, but never found a clock for a kid's room.  Any suggestions?  I was at Target, and couldn't find any (I even asked-shock!)  My friend suggested 'Babies R Us or Kids R Us'  but I'm not looking to spend a fortune on a clock my kid will have dismantled in days..... that's what happened to her last one.   

Dad made a roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery.... I can smell it cooking up here.  Yum!  It's the usual Saturday dinner when Karen comes over and she and mom get toasted on martinis (vodka straight-up).....ewwww.  Gracie gets a mock one with olives, jalapeno stuffed olives, that is.  My child likes it hot  :)  

That's the most part of my weekend so far.  Except I lost someone I called my friend today.  No, he didn't die, just chose to walk away and I'll miss him... but will respect his choice.  I still wish him the best, regardless of how he feels towards me.  Bye to him.....  

Ok, I'm gone.. for now.....  

Cat

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the art of compromise....

Ciara is at the point where I can't get her to stop eating, you are not hungry, you are bored, that's what I tell her.

If you love something, set it free.
If it comes back, it will always be yours.
If it doesn't come back, it was never yours to begin with.

But, if it just sits in your living room,
messes up your stuff, eats your food,
uses your telephone, takes your money
and doesn't appear to realize that you had set it free...

...You either married it or gave birth to it.


 

Anonymous said...

WTG Gracie!!  It's hard giving up all those things...good luck on the big girl bed!!  
Have you tried Walfart for the clock...if all else fails...try Ebay.  I have also seen Hello Kitty things at Blockbuster.  
Sorry about your friend...I know how that feels.  
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

It's hard for kids to give up those things isn't it.  When J went from his cot to a bed I used to pull the cot up next to the bed, sometimes during the night he would hop into the cot for comfort, but gradually he learned to feel comfortable in the bed.  And giving up his bottle!  Well, am sure he'd be setting off to work with his bottle in years to come if he had his way!!
I have lots of suggestions for where to get a clock, but they're no use to you all the way over there!
It's hard I know, to lose a friend :o(
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

*snaps* for Gracie :)  what a big girl!
Pey has a hello kitty clock, we got it from Target a couple years back.  it looks like a tea-cup with a little lemon wedge night-light.  You could check Target online, I'm pretty sure they had the whole 'room decor' set...i was looking for princess stuff to redo Pey's room this spring and I know I saw HK bedding.
Sorry about your friend :( bum deal.
Take it easy Cat~
xoxo~B

Anonymous said...

Sorry bout your friend!  Gracie you are cool!!!!

Stacy