Saturday, March 12, 2005

Tears of Joy and Sadness....

Well, tonight it's official.....  

My baby is a big girl now  :)   

It took an hour to get her to go to sleep, but she did it and without crying, too.   She didn't even ask about her water bottle, either.....  

I'm almost torn up over it~ I don't want her to grow up yet.   

I missed so much when she was a baby~ being I had my head in the clouds, or up my butt, whichever.... I can barely remember her then.   

Where does the time go?  

Congrats, Gracie on your first step toward big kid-dom....  

Love you baby,  

Momma  :)  

PS~clarification as to why she still had bottles:  Grace had high lead levels after we scraped and repainted (some of you remember the final rounds of tests).  It was imperative she got a ton of calcium, vitamin D, iron, and potassium so the lead would adhere to these minerals in her body and be washed out (I'll spare you the medical terminology for all this).  Her doctor did not protest my decision to keep her on the bottle until her lead levels fell below 10ppm (acceptable low amount not harmful to us) to be sure she got said nutrients.  She was tested at a 9 last April and her bottle supply went then, too (except for the water bottle at night~which is gone tonight~woo hoo).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine still takes her spill proof sippy cup full of water to bed almost every night.  Wonder what they did with furniture before those things were invented.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Gracie!! What a big girl..

Sorry for you though, Cat. It's so hard to see our little ones growing up.

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Leaps and bounds!  Fly Super Grace Fly!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done Gracie :o)
She is growing up Cat, but she'll always be your baby girl!
(((((hugs))))) to you hon.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

oh yes, once it starts.....
Pey's just little miss independant these days, I borderline from being ecstatic that she's not up my butt all the time to depressed that my 'baby' doesn't 'need' me anymore.  
Big, huge, gigantic *snaps* for Gracie :)  what a big girl, moving to her bed and getting rid of her bottle all in one night!  Congratulations mamma!
xoxo~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

YAY Gracie!!  I am so proud of you!!  What a big girl!
Sorry Mommy....I know how hard it is to see them growing up so fast.  
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast don't they? Congrats Gracie on your new milestone ;o)
Hugs!
~Angel

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO Gracie!  I can just hear her singing...I'm a big kid now!  They grow up so fast huh?

Love ya,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

What a milestone, in so many ways.