Monday, October 18, 2004

Monday Morning Question....

Monday morning question brought to you by Krissy.

 

What is your favorite museum?  What is your favorite exhibit there?  

 

I have to pick ONE?!  WOW, don't know if I can.  Museums are another hobby of mine.  Let's see now.... there are the Chicago Museums--I'd say they are all great and different... I saw King Tut's exhibit there when I was young.  Very cool.  I love planetariums!!!!! 

 

The Smithsonian in DC... words can't say what a trip here is like... it is fascinating.

 

The Indianapolis Childrens Museum is awesome, too!

 

The William Mckinley Museum in Ohio (close to Canton) is a total unexpected thrill, not to mention the landscape in the park is beautiful for walks and picnics.

 

The Eiteljorg, here in Indy, is great for showing off Native American Art and way of life.

 

Hmmmm, I love all museums from antique cars to trains to Pioneer life... all of it turns me on.

 

My most favorite in the whole wide.. uh, country is The Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH.  Talk about a huge place!  There are airplanes all over... the ceilings, the walls, and outside.  It has space exhibits (ya all know I love space, right?).  It has an Imax, great gift shops.  Admission is even free (or was last time I went).  This is a museum worth seeing.

 

There is the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis TN is awesome, too.  It moves me to tears every time I go there.  Can't wait to take Gracie when she's older, so she can know that she has to succeed in her life for them, her ancestors who died fighting to give her the rights she has today.

 

I cannot pick one... Big or small, I love 'em all.

 

Cat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love museums...we were just at ours yesterday!!
*hugs*