Monday, September 6, 2004

FOOTBALL SEASON!

Hello, sports fans.  It's that time of year again.......time for football (for all my foreign friends...american football, not soccer).  I am a huge fan since childhood of the game.  I loved to play with my brother and our friends across the street.  There is nothing that stops me from watching (or attending) a game.  Yes, I am a woman, too.  I don't know why its hard for people to imagine that women like the sport...all my friends watch it, also.  And no, I don't care what the players butts look like in football pants....but it doesn't hurt, either...heeheehee. 

My team starts off the season on Thursday night (GO COLTS).  This year, I believe they're the team to beat, especially with the new rule being applied and enforced (thanks to the Patriots and their ability to hold and get away with it)  NO MORE!  Ha ha, guess they'll actually have to play fair, which means they'll most likely lose all season.  Now all you loyal Pat fans out there....don't go hatin' me, but you saw the bogus (and ignored) penalties of last season's Colts/Pats game.  If the roles were reversed...you'd be saying the same thing in your journal.

I actually have 3 favorite teams..the Colts because I am a lifelong Hoosier, the Steelers were my childhood team, so I'll always watch them; and the Packers because, since Joe Montana retired, Brett Farve has the same heart for game.  There's nothing that compares to Farve's love of the game...when he retires, I'll shed tears for sure. 

This season, the Colts play the Packers.....so, I'll be switchin sides at the RCA Dome.  Maybe I'll cut a jersey in half for both teams and sew it together...Colts in front, Packers in back.  Either way, it'll be good game. 

So, load up the coolers and the deep fryers and find a tailgating party to attend! 

Are you ready for some football!

Til next time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I don't know why its hard for people to imagine that women like the sport..."

Woo~Hoo! Another football fan! As a kid/teenager all our neighborhood kids would get together and play in this huge feild across the street from our house! My hubby, Joey is a die hard packers fan, for the same reasons you are. We're from ohio so i have always been browns fan (through good and bad, i've always been loyal) Joey however likes the bengals, so it makes things really interesting for us, especially when they play each other. I'm also a college football fan, and who else would i root for but the Ohio State Buckeyes!

~Angel