Monday, September 20, 2004

Monday Morning Question

Monday Morning Question:

Knowing what you know now, what one thing would you change about your high-school career? 

 

I would concentrate on my studies and not so much on trying to be grown up before my time (my best friend was 32 yrs old, I was 16).  I know I was intelligent then, but never put in the effort to see where it may have gotten me. 

Now I tell all my friends' kids that high school makes or breaks your future.  Those students focused on academics, grades, and college will always get scholarships and find themselves great opportunities. 

Even the ones who don't plan on going on to college, I tell them to start in Vocational school while in high school--at least it will give them a skill they can use.  My  "nephew", Ricky (his mom & I have been friends since Grade school), is 15 and now a Cadet Firefighter, all because of me (and permission from his mom).  It may not keep him out of the troubles that a teen can fall into, but at least he has a direction and something he loves to keep his head above water.

To date, I don't feel I've lived up to my own expectations in life, but I ain't dead yet :) !!

Til next time.... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my journal and leaving me a comment!
Your answer is great for the question...and it's too bad we didn't know then what we know now.  
I look foward to reading more!!
Julie