Saturday, September 18, 2004

Weekend Assignment #24

Weekend Assignment #24: Tell us what the first song was at your wedding reception and why you chose that song. If you're not already married, tell us the song you would like to have played first at your wedding reception. Also, for the purposes of this assignment, those of you who have had commitment ceremonies can join in the fun (it's that whole "we're going to spend the rest of our lives together, and now we're going to dance" thing).

Extra Credit: What song did you make sure wasn't played at your reception?

I am not married, but when I do take the plunge the song I will dance with my husband to is Songbird or Fields of Gold (written by Sting) by Eva Cassidy.  Followed by her whole Songbird album....I just fell in love with her voice and was saddened by her loss.  If you've never had the honor of hearing her, I suggest trying it once--I'm sure you'll be hooked, too.  I know that there are other versions of the songs out there (Sting also sung Fields and Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac sung--maybe wrote?--Songbird), but when Eva sings Over the Rainbow, you'll swear the song is brand new and was written solely for her to sing.  God bless you, Eva.  I know you're singing to the angels.  For my dance with my dad, it'd be Band on the Run, Paul McCartney and Wings. It takes be back to childhood :).

Songbird

For you, there'll be no crying

For you, the sun

Will be shining

'Cause I feel that when I'm with you, its alright

I know its right

And the songbirds

Keep singing like they

Know the score

And I love you, I love you, I love you

Like never before

(instrumental)

To you, I would give the world

To you, I'd never be cold

'Cause I feel that when I'm with you, its alright

I know its right

And the songbirds keep singing like they know the score

and I love you, I love you, I love you

Like never before, Like never before, Like never before.

Extra Credit:  I would not play Luther Vandross' Here and Now....UGH! it's been done to death. 

Extra, extra credit:  I did attend a friend's wedding who played Tammy Wynette's D-I-V-O-R-C-E!!!  (I am not kidding and no, it was not a joke). She said she liked her and it was a good song.   What was she thinking?  Anyway, it was an omen, she divorced him 3 years later.

Til next time......

 


No comments: